Friday, November 2, 2012

SCBWI Conference

Tonight kicks off the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators Missouri conference. I registered months ago, eager for the event. I am attending tomorrow's day long workshop, but wished it would have been possible to attend tonight as well. Darn these other obligations!

This should be a fantastic day, with opportunities to network, hear about market trends, and get re-invigorated in the writing process. Featured keynote speakers include author Ellen Hopkins “Writing Bravely” and author David Harrison “The Writer At Work." There are additional sessions on school visits, the education market and nonfiction.

I will (hopefully) excitedly report back my findings after I have processed through it all and gotten over my writer's shock. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment