Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nano Update

    November is well underway which means Nanowrimo is in full swing! I dutifully registered near the end of October and anxiously awaited the official Go Time. Jumping into gear on November 1, I wrote my 1,667 words and even a few more. The next day, I did the same and was on a roll. Eight days in, I have not exactly maintained this fervor but I am hanging in there, which is saying something! As of tonight's count, I hit 11,210 words. I am averaging 1,400 words per day but I need to be over 1,680 to get to the 50,000 mark by the end of the month.

   Nano is not for the weak of spirit (or for those who work, have children, etc). I am quickly recognizing the balancing act involved with dedicating "butt in chair" time while also maintaining some form of household stability. Whatever sacrifices are involved in the event, there is something to be said about working toward a goal. So for those who love to create, those who want to be a writer, and those who want to be able to say, "I did it. I wrote a novel" well, Nanowrimo was made for you.



Photo Credit: Nanowrimo 

No comments:

Post a Comment