Thursday, November 29, 2012

Kick in the Pants - Thanks Authors!



   I had the pleasure of attending a Local Author Event tonight at one of the St. Charles City-County libraries. Close to 50 authors from the St. Louis area gathered in the library, chatting with guests and selling their different works. 

   It was great to see Keith Hoerner (author of Missing the Mark) again, as well as Chad Odom (author of The Last Archide) and Peggy Archer, author of several children’s books. I met several new authors and grabbed another book or two for my “to-be read” pile that is clearly getting out of control! I even found a few Christmas presents that I am sure my family will love. 


    Throughout the night, a reoccurring thought ran through my mind. I want to be sitting here next year with these talented people. I want to have a table with a sign, my book, and people asking me about it. Is that too much to ask? I certainly don’t think so and I am committed to making it happen. The best aspect of these events is that they provide the extra kick in the pants we sometimes need to enter another contest, write another draft, or research a new topic. The work continues!

Photo Credit:  Stephanie Buscema

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! You will definitely be amongst those writers soon if you keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the support! Thank you for stopping by!
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete