Sunday, December 30, 2012

Reading in the New Year


As we approach a new year, the time comes for fresh ideas, resolutions, and commitments. I pondered my New Year’s Resolution, mulling over what to give up or what to add to my plate. Should I exercise more (which for me would mean I would have to start exercising), eat healthier, spend less time at work… there are so many choices! In the end, I selected an option far more selfish but also more enriching.

My goal for 2013 is to read broader. I want to be brave in my selections, have a more open mind, and try genres and authors never chosen before. I tend to stick with the same categories, rarely straying far from my interest path. When it comes down to it, I am rather hypocritical. As a teacher, I am always urging my students to new books but on my own, I seldom heed my own advice. So in 2013, I am going to read freely, without restraint, and prejudgment. 

To all of you, I wish you a joyous new year. May your 2013 be filled with laughter, friendship, good health, happiness, and abundant book selections! – Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment