Monday, January 7, 2013

Anthology Stories


Background on My Stories

The Saturday Writer’s Cuivre River Anthology VI has been out for almost a month now! I am pretty excited about the feedback we’ve received with it. A few people have asked about the background for the two stories I have published in the anthology so I thought this would be the best way to provide that.

The first story, Anger Management, was written as a contest entry for a fictional character story extension. We had to take a fictional character, either from books, television, or the movies, and put that fictional character in a new setting or in a different scene. I chose the character Lisbeth Salander from Stieg Larsson’s book trilogy, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. In my story, Lisbeth has to attend court mandated anger management sessions that don’t go so well.  

The second story, Pump, was a personal essay, also written as a contest entry. This story is about my eight year battle with heart disease. It is a deeply personal story, the first time I have written about my struggles with my heart. Writing it was cathartic for me, and I hope it helps you better understand the struggles of the chronically ill.

While I have only these two stories in the anthology, I hope you take the time to read the many other stories, essays, and poems in the volume. The anthology features many talented authors whose wonderful pieces are well-worth your time!
Purchase the Anthology at Saturday Writers Website

No comments:

Post a Comment